1. Information We Collect
1.1. We collect various types of information about you when you visit and use our Website; examples include personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. We also collect inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified below. Sometimes we collect combinations of these types of information:
1.1.1. Personal Information. Is information that can be used to identify you. This is information which you are prompted to provide to us. Such information may include your name, social media identification, username, address, telephone number(s), mobile numbers, email address, credit card number(s), bank account(s), or other unique information about you which you provide to us during the registration process, or through the course of communicating with us about the products and services provided on our Website. This includes your purchase, return, exchange, or preferences information. It may also include your beauty profiles you provide to us such as hair color and type.
1.1.2. Demographic Information. Is information that may or may not be unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics. Such information may include, but is not limited to, zip code, mobile phone carrier, age, gender, salary range, education, marital status, occupation, gender, race, and ethnicity. We may also collect your general geolocation and personal online interests. When we can identify you personally through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
1.1.3. Behavioral Information. Is information which is automatically collected when you use our Website. This information may be collected by us or a third-party. This information includes the areas of our Website that you visit, what services you access or ordered, information about your computer hardware and software, including your IP address, geographic location, browser preference, operating system type, domain names, times that you access the internet, and other websites you have visited. It allows us to draw certain inferences about you such as what products you like, where you live, what concerns or solutions you are looking for. This allows us to manage and display advertisements tailored to your interests. When we can identify you personally through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
1.1.4. Third-Party Information. Is information about you that we acquire from a third-party which may include personal, demographic, behavioral, and indirect information. This collection may also include, but not limited to, first-party cookies, third-party cookies, anonymous cookies, persistent identifiers, email opt-in records, and search engine keywords. This may include information collected offline or through a store that provides access to our products. If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, and Pinterest) in connection with our Website or App, we collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
We have no access or control over these cookies and other tracking devices used by third-parties, including advertisers and networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, or social networks and platforms. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies and practices of these parties. When we can identify you personally through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
1.1.6. No Information Collected from Children. We will never knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 16, that information will be immediately deleted from the database. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third-parties.
1.1.7. No Sensitive Health Information is Collected. We do not collect information about past, present, or potential future medical conditions or treatments. Nor do we collect any biometric information.
1.1.8. Credit Card Information and Bank Account Information. We may, in certain instances, collect credit card number(s), bank account information, and related information, when you place an order on our Website. When the credit card or bank account information is submitted to us, such information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. We will use the credit card information or bank account information for purposes of processing and completing the transaction you requested through a third-party processor. As such, information will be disclosed to third-parties as necessary to complete the requested purchase transaction.
2.1. Generally, we as well as third-party vendors, networks, ISP(s), and publishers use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and java scripts. These technologies collect internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. This information is used to analyze trends, administer our Website, track users’ movements through our Website, track purchases, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on these technologies on an individual or aggregated basis. California residents have the right to know if we respond to do not track signals or cookies. We do not respond to such signals or cookies.
2.1.3. Social Media Cookies. We also appear and advertise on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube, and Pinterest) in connection with our Website. We collect information that you share with us, or that the social media platforms share with us. The social media platform controls the collection and usage on their forums. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
2.2. Web Beacons. We use electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs, or action tags) which allow us to collect information about your visit to our Website, measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements, and track delivery of advertising. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time, and date of page view, as well as a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also use web beacons in email messages sent to you. This allows us to determine if you opened or acted upon the email message. Because web beacons are the same as any other content request, you cannot opt-out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting-out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
- How We Use Information Collected.
3.1. Providing Services and Products. We use the information we gather on our Website to provide you with the services and or products you have requested. This use includes processing your payments; providing you receipts and order updates; sending notifications to you related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges, marketing, or updates on our products; and create, maintain, and otherwise manage your account, profile, or program membership. We use your information when we offer functionalities such as easy checkout and the ability to save user preferences and transaction history and/or to provide a forum for you to discuss, ask questions, post photos, reviews, or share your experience with us and our products.
3.2. Improving Our Website, Products and Service. We use the information we gather to respond to any inquiries you make, operate and improve the functionality of our Website, and deliver the products and services advertised on our Website. We use the same for testing, research, analysis, and product or marketing development. Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising, relating to your experience and interests. This includes maintaining and improving the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, databases, and technology assets. Finally, we use the information to undertake research and analytics to improve our services, products, website, and marketing.
3.3. Promotions and Communications with You. We use the information collected to send marketing, advertising, and promotions by email, text message, or postal mail (such as promotions, new product launches, and event invitations) to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites. We also use your information to administer our contests, and other similar promotions.
3.4. Business Functions and Legal Obligations. We use your information to support various business functions, including records maintenance, inventory control, business processes, loss, and fraud prevention, and to collect amounts owing to us, as well provide refunds and return services. We also use the information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in order to exercise or rights or defend against a claim.
3.5. Security and Fraud Prevention. We use personal information to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, attempts to manipulate or violate our terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users, customers, employees, or others.
- Disclosure of Information to Others.
4.1. In addition to specific disclosures made throughout this policy, We will share your Personal Information with third-parties and service providers in the following circumstances:
4.1.1. Product and Service Delivery. We share all categories of information set out in this policy with third-party service providers who help us in the payment processing, packaging, and delivery of the products and services you have requested.
4.1.2. Website and Business Functionality. We share all categories of information set out in this policy with third-party service providers we employ to perform technical functions on our behalf. Examples include third-parties who host our Website, analyze our data, provide marketing assistance, and analyze customer data, process credit card and debit card payments, and provide customer service. It may also include third-parties who fulfill orders, deliver packages. This may also include third-party service providers who assist us in developing and running surveys, contents, and other promotions.
4.1.3. Anonymized Information. We share aggregated anonymous information about you, combined with other persons using our Website, with third-parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors that come to our Website, and how those visitors use our Website, and promotion of our marketing. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
4.1.5. Legal Process. We disclose your information, if legally required to do so, or at our discretion, pursuant to a request from a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights, property, or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4.1.6. Acquisition or Merger. We may disclose and transfer your information to a third-party who acquires any or all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In the event we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we, our liquidator, administrator, receiver, or administrative receiver may sell, license, or otherwise dispose of, such information in a transaction approved by the court.
5.1. We endeavor to safeguard and protect your information. When you submit information on our Website, such information is protected both online and offline. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. The servers in which we store your information are kept in a secure physical environment. The servers have industry standard firewalls. Access to such servers is password protected and access by our employees is limited. Currently, we use Secure Socket Layer software ("SSL") to protect data and to secure any transactions. SSL encrypts information including credit card number(s), names, and addresses, as they are transmitted over the Internet. Please be advised that, although we take commercially reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore, we cannot and do not warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our Website is at your own risk. However, access to your information is strictly limited and not accessible to the public.
5.2. When our website and Mobile Apps include functionality that allows you to register a profile or account, we may allow you to remain logged in so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you want to access your account. If you choose to remain logged in, please note that anyone with access to your device will be able to access and make changes to your account and may be able to make purchases through your account. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in, we strongly recommend that you take appropriate steps including enabling a “Passcode Lock” security feature on your mobile device to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
- Your Rights to Correct or Change or Delete Your Information. In compliance with applicable law, you may have the right to change, correct, and delete your information. In order to process some requests, we will need to verify your identity to confirm that the request came from you. We may contact you by phone or email to verify your request. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, an email address, or a phone number you have used with us. For certain requests, we may also ask you to provide details about the most recent purchase you made and the address you provided for shipping.
7.2. Correct and Update. You can update or correct information related to your account by:
- Logging into your account on or brasilhairandskin.com ; or write us at Brasil Hair Skin and Body, 15442 Ventura Blvd, Ste 101, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
7.3. Changing Your Communication Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional emails at any time by:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive from us; or
- Logging into your account on itsa10haircare.com clicking on the “My Account” page and managing your email preferences.
- You can opt-out of receiving text messages from us by replying “STOP” to the text message you receive from us.
- You can stop receiving mobile app notifications by adjusting your notification settings in the Mobile App.
8.1. California Shine the Light Law. Customers who are residents of California may request information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third-parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information, please submit a written request to us at Brasil Hair Skin and Body, LLC.
15442 Ventura Blvd, Ste 101, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
8.2. California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires that we advise you of certain rights as a California resident you have and may exercise and how to exercise those rights.
8.2.1. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. You have the right to request that we advise you what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell that belongs to you. Personal Information does not include: (a) Publicly available information from government records; (b) De-identified or aggregated consumer information; (c) Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”); (d) Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FRCA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), or the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (“DPPA”).
You may submit a verifiable consumer request to obtain the specific Personal Information we have collected about you by either sending your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org Upon receiving your information, we are required to verify that you are the same consumer with whom we have the information in our systems. To verify your identity, we will contact you requesting information pertaining to your Personal Information we have collected.
Collection of Personal Information has been from the following categories of sources:
- Information collected directly and indirectly from your activity on our website and your interactions or communications with us. This includes your Personal Information provided by you in connection with obtaining a certain product or service offered by us or one our network providers or advertisers.
- Information you provide us when you enter promotions or sweepstakes offered by us or our clients including networks and advertisers.
- Information you provide us through telephone and web-based surveys, customer service correspondence, and general feedback.
- Information we received directly or indirectly from our clients or their agents in the course of providing services to you and others.
- Analytics companies who provide demographic information such as gender, zip code, or any information that is not tied to your Personal Information. In addition, we may receive information about you from other online or offline sources, including third-parties from whom we validate consumer self-reported information, and verify information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand, and analyze our records and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information. We have disclosed, shared, and/or received compensation for our disclosure of Personal Information for the following commercial/business purposes in the preceding 12 months:
- To obtain the services or products you have registered for on our Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, or resolve consumer concerns, or request to opt-out of marketing.
- To provide you with notices concerning our products, services, events, or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website, products, and services, and present its contents to you including testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, platforms, as well as products and services, databases, and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to government or law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business or assets.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Categories of Disclosure. We have disclosed Personal Information to our Service Providers and the following categories of third-parties:
- We share Basic Identifying Information with: Service Providers, Third-Party Providers, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- Providers, Third-Party Providers, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- We share Internet or Other Network Activity with: Service Providers, Third-Party Providers, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- We share Geolocation Data with: Service Providers and Third-Party Providers.
- We share Payment Information with: Service Providers who process payments.
- We share Commercial Information with: Service Providers, Third-Party Providers, advertising networks, and social media networks.
- We share Physical Characteristics with: Service Providers who help administer our development of our products and interact with you in our customer services as well as third-parties developing product recommendations.
- We share User Content with: Service Providers who help administer our programs, such as Community or product reviews, and social media networks.
- We share Audio and Visual Information with: Service Providers who help administer customer service and fraud or loss prevention services.
- We share Inferences with: Service Providers who help administer marketing and personalization.
We do not collect, distribute, share, or sell the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 16.
8.2.2. Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. You have a right to request the deletion of your Personal Information if we have collected or maintained it in the past 12 months.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
This Policy has disclosed our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information and the categories of third-parties with whom we shared that Personal Information.
8.2.3. Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by us. If you are requesting a product or service, this is an exemption from this right, and we will process your request. However, you have the right to cease all further sale of your Personal Information.
8.2.4. Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer's Privacy Rights. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of these privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. As such, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, or deny you discounts or other benefits; nor will we provide you a different level or quality of goods or services or recommend a different level or quality of goods or services.
8.2.5. Notice of Financial Incentive. We may offer our customers a loyalty program that provides certain perks, such as rewards and exclusive offers. We may also provide other programs, such as sweepstakes, contests, or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, “Promotions”). When you sign up for one of these Programs, we ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email address and/or telephone number). Because our Programs involve the collection of personal information, they may be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under the CCPA. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Promotion, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants.
You may withdraw from participating in a Program at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable Program rules. The terms and conditions page of each Promotion will detail how to withdraw from participation.
8.3. Authorized Agent. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
8.4. Contact Us. Contact us for more information or with any questions by sending your written request to email@example.com.
8.5. Limitations on Requests. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (a) Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or your authorized agent; (b) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to you; (c) We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you; and (d) Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
8.6. Response Time and Response Format. We make every effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons why we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We will provide our response in a manner that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance to you.
8.7. Changes to California Resident Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will enforce the terms of the new Policy going forward. You will receive no other notice than an updated posting on this page. Please check back each time you use or visit our Website.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our Site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and address in the message and the nature of your request.